Where are the Lebanese blogs?

In light of the political revolution currently taking place in Lebanon, I’m really surprised to discover that the Lebanese blogging scene is extremely mediocre. I have been looking for impressive Lebanese bloggers for some time now but I haven’t found anything worthwhile.

Am I really such a bad researcher or is it possible that the Lebanese blogosphere is practically non-existent? That would be surprising considering that the Lebanese are among the most educated, articulate and techno-savvy in the Arab world (of course, that’s if they consider themselves Arabs).

I would be really happy to be proven wrong. I would love to find a vibrant Lebanese blogging community. Can anyone out there recommend any high-quality Lebanese blogs? You would make my day.

UPDATE: I stand corrected. Many readers drew my attention to a number of good Lebanese blogs. Here are some worth highlighting:

1. Arash February 28, 2005 at 7:20 am

Here.

2. jareer February 28, 2005 at 8:06 am

Lebanese are cute ! Maybe they do not like “tagg 7anak” like we do !!!, or, they are too busy! How do we post a link here, and is it ok to?

3. Eman-Aqua February 28, 2005 at 8:09 am

I have to disagree with you here, the Lebanese blogosphere is a very impressive one. It’s true not all are focusing on local affairs, yet it doesn’t mean their failure in covering their sentiments and reflecting the situation one way or the other. Take for example The angry Arab.
    Anyway, here you go a link to all our dear Lebanese bloggers, it’ll help limit your search and introduce you to as much Lebanese bloggers as possible, they’re really good πŸ™‚
    Link is: http://www.lebanonheartblogs.blogspot.com/

4. Arash February 28, 2005 at 8:30 am

This guy has a healthy blogroll. I think given the small population and the lacking infrastructure, they’re doing alright.

5. Hubby February 28, 2005 at 8:30 am

I think we all knew they were out there, but where? The link Arash gave is for a listing at Blogwise. The listings there aren’t particularly great Eman, but that’s not to say good ones don’t exist. Angry Arab is always interesting, but not particularly Lebanese, as he lives in the cushy confines of California; right Linda πŸ˜‰ We’ve been following him for a long time though; always interesting.
    As to “how do I put a link” Jareer it’s pretty easy. You can do like many and just past the link in here, or you can get crafty like Arash and put up some HTML like that listed below, beside your name. That’s what’s allowed in a comment.
    So if you wanted to link readers to Angry Arab and make it only show his name like this: Angry Arab you’d type it in like this: <a href="http://angryarab.blogspot.com/">Angry Arab</a>, putting whatever you want for the text between < and the > and your link between the quotes.

6. natasha February 28, 2005 at 8:31 am

Thanks Eman for the link, you are a star πŸ™‚ I browsed through them quickly and some of them are quite good. So I stand corrected πŸ˜‰ I will analyze them more carefully later today and maybe add the best ones to the lists of blogs I follow.
    Thanks again!

7. Arash February 28, 2005 at 8:31 am

Oh, Eman-Aqua beat me to it. I should refresh the page before posting comments!

8. Eman-Aqua February 28, 2005 at 9:53 am

You’re welcome Natasha, come on, I’m no star, just that I’m obsessed with Arab Bloggers πŸ˜‰
    Arash, it doesn’t matter who was first, the point is to spread the word, and intention is what counts, so you did pretty great πŸ˜‰
    Jeff, I understand your point, but I believe that the place a person lives in may affect the thinking a bit but it wont change the sense of belonging. Take me or Natasha for example! Anyway, I’m happy we’re introducing each other to more bloggers around the world πŸ™‚

9. liminal February 28, 2005 at 1:54 pm

It’s kind of offensive you say there are no Lebanese bloggers worthwhile. I’m sure many of us might disagree with you Arash. Although I am only half Lebanese (and half Iraqi), I think I can speak for us all when I say this…
    Too bad you see or efforts as too little…
    We are working on it…that’s all I can say.
    Liminal

10. liminal February 28, 2005 at 2:10 pm

And Arash,
    Are you aware there are more Lebanese living outside of Lebanon than inside Lebanon? And to those of us that spent the better part of our lives inside Lebanon that do not live inside Lebanon now, does that dilute our identity as Lebanese? I wonder.
    ?
    liminal

11. liminal February 28, 2005 at 2:12 pm

Sorry, it’s been an emotional day…I guess I meant to direct my comments at Natasha. Pardon me.
    liminal

12. natasha February 28, 2005 at 2:20 pm

Liminal,
    I stand corrected. I apologize if I was too harsh, I was just expecting more blogging from the great people who just toppled their government. I have been browsing some Lebanese blogs and some of them are quite good. I will update the post with some highlights.

13. Natasha March 6, 2005 at 1:29 am

Thank you Farooha for the link, I will check it out:)

14. Natasha March 7, 2005 at 2:01 am

Thank you for the link. I will make sure to check it out. Keep blogging;-)