My last year in the 20’s

Dining at The Blue Stone InnTwo days ago I turned 29. On that morning, I woke up in a sour mood knowing that the 8th of July 2005 marked the beginning of the last year of my twenties. Eventually, I got over it and managed to have a great day celebrating with the husband and Dad and Mom T. They took me out to a top-notch restaurant just outside of Harrisonburg called The Bluestone Inn.

Champagne on the backporchThis restaurant is a bit of a local secret and quite unique. You dine under the mounted heads of hunted animals like deer, bear, moose, etc that are hung all over walls covered in memorabilia. The food was fantastic and the baked scallops that I picked were just orgasmic. After the fantastic dinner we returned home for some cake, champagne and a gift opening session. It was a wonderful way to celebrate such a depressing age.

It is also worth noting that the 8th of July marked the one year anniversary of this blog’s presence on TypePad. It was a birthday gift from the husband last year and what a wonderful gift it turned out to be.

1. jareer July 10, 2005 at 12:34 pm

Happy birthday ! You should be glad, and not depressed. As they say; the best years in the life of a woman are the ten years between 29 and 30 šŸ™‚

2. iDip July 10, 2005 at 1:42 pm

Happy Birthday & Happy “Mental Mayhem” Anniversary šŸ™‚

3. hareega July 10, 2005 at 2:16 pm

Happy Birthday!!! Look at the bright side! You don’t have wrinkles yet, at least they’re not showing in pictures looool
    some people are so sick that when they’re 30 they look like 60. Don’t look at numbers they will only make more depressed.

4. John Tynes July 10, 2005 at 3:45 pm

Reporting from the ripe old age of 34, I never stop being amazed at how little I knew when I was 24. Life may be the one thing that you always get better at.

5. Roba July 10, 2005 at 4:02 pm

Happy birthday Natasha šŸ™‚ Sounds like a great way to celebrate! Inshalla 3o2bal il meet saneh šŸ™‚

6. Linda July 10, 2005 at 4:33 pm

happy birthday natasha! your birthday is just one day before my cutey batooty nephews which is july 9. yesterday was his second birthday and we had a party with games and all. imagine a bunch of arabs playing musical chairs? hahahaha
    looks like you had a great time. by the way, you look 19! hahaha. im serious!

7. jareer July 10, 2005 at 5:46 pm

Linda,
    You always asked us about different vocabularies and what they meant; now its your turn; what is “batooty”.. explain please.
    As for chairs and Arabs, I can only link the two togther in two occasions
    1. First, the Arab leaders get glued to their chairs
    2. Second, we use them in our fights, not games !

8. Desert Island Boy July 10, 2005 at 9:12 pm

Eid Milad, ya Habibti!
    For both you and your enterprise!

9. Lina July 11, 2005 at 12:20 am

Happy Birthday Girl šŸ˜‰ actually 29 sounds cool! but then again I’m in a quater-life crisis @ 22 and I can’t imagine how I’d feel 7 years from now šŸ™‚
    Oh and Happy Birthday to this blog… it was part of what made me start blogging, so big thanks and keep on blogging!
    3ala 2olet Ziad “yitrabba b3izzek” šŸ™‚

10. Linda July 11, 2005 at 1:38 am

Jareer,
    I dont know if i can translate batooty. i think i made that up or something. lets just say its not a real word.

11. amal July 11, 2005 at 2:29 am

Wli, why would you be depressed to be 29? Bil aaks, you should be very proud of yourself: you have done incredible on the education front, career front (no matter what you think you have) and you look great!!! Happy Birthday! Muah

12. Eman July 11, 2005 at 3:00 am

Happy Birthday Natasha, wishing you the best of luck, you and your husband šŸ™‚
    Eman & MMM

13. Lamoos July 11, 2005 at 8:36 am

Happy Belated Birthday Natasha !!!!
    You deserve the best and btw , you dont look a bit like 29….
    Intelligent people dont age , they only become smarter !;-)

14. natasha July 11, 2005 at 9:45 am

Thank you guys for your best wishes and kind words. I have to admit I feel much better about my age now;-)

15. Gayle Tofferi July 11, 2005 at 10:21 am

Natasha, glad you had a good birthday. Sorry I had to miss it. The deer pictures are great. I hope our new black bear will drive them out of our yard so I can salvage a few flowers.
    Love, Aunt Gayle

16. G July 11, 2005 at 10:48 am

Tasha babes, looking great šŸ™‚ Happy birthday and keep up the good work “with ur blog”

17. Luai July 11, 2005 at 2:16 pm

Happy Belated Birthday!

18. Craig Turner July 12, 2005 at 5:56 am

Happy Birthday Natasha! Best wishes for many more. I also congratulate you on your Blog. I enjoy it very much. As you said, it is a wonderful gift from the husband, very thoughtful.
    Take care.

19. arafat July 13, 2005 at 3:13 pm

Happy (belated) Birthday!

20. Nouna July 21, 2005 at 7:27 am

Congratulations Natasha! Happy belated birthday. Don’t fret turning 29, just have a huge party when you turn 30! šŸ™‚

21. Heather July 25, 2005 at 9:03 pm

Wow, you are 29?? You look like you are 39!!! Just kidding babe, hope you had a great one.

22. jameed July 27, 2005 at 5:00 am

hadi bidha tkoon faltat minni when I was in Barcelona; habby birsday w 3oqbal ma jaykoo il sabi