More than just a cookie!

The Almighty SamoaLike nearly everything else "American," the first time I heard about Girl Scout cookies was while watching American TV shows when I was living in Jordan. At the time, I didn’t pay them much attention. They were just cookies after all. But after recently having my first bite, life is no longer the same. These little sugar creations are truly, utterly, completely, and extremely orgasmic! Just one bite of a Samoa, and I’m "sinning" all day!

In these last few months since they entered my world, I’ve been sinning quite a bit. I’m consuming way over my average sweet intake, something I’m sure will send me directly to hell. What can I do? I’m only human; I was unaware of the power of Samoa.

The only good news: Girl Scout cookies are sold only once a year, giving me a few months to redeem myself and burn off the calories accumulated. I’m a bit distracted, so this will conclude my blogging for the day. Almighty Samoa here I come!

1. Peter S. April 10, 2006 at 12:38 pm

Just tell yourself–the money goes to a worthy charity dedicated to empowering young women. That should lessen the calorie guilt. šŸ™‚

2. dm April 10, 2006 at 1:19 pm

Ah yes…Girl Scout cookies are quite lethal. Have you tried the Edy’s Girl Scout cookie ice cream? They have them in 3 flavors–samoa, tagalongs, and thin mints.

3. David April 10, 2006 at 2:00 pm

Sigh! I think those girl scouts must have radar that makes them home in on me. They smile and act perky and I just can’t tell them no! I end up with far more boxes of cookies than is entirely good for either me or my wife. They ARE good, though. At least it’s for a good cause.

4. moi April 10, 2006 at 9:43 pm

I love Samoa’s, they’re my favorites! I wish they were sold year-round šŸ˜‰

5. kinzi April 11, 2006 at 4:48 am

OK, here’s the secret…buy a ton of them and freeze those Samoas!My girl Scout nieces always save us boxes and we bring them back to Jordan. But don’t come looking for handouts, there all gone.:)
    Now I’ve just done and enabled addiction for of all of you.

6. hamede April 11, 2006 at 11:09 am

I love their cookies i get some most sundays
    out side krogers stores.