A peek inside Amman’s Duinde cofffee shop

Jebbel Weibdeh's DuindeIn solidarity with Roba, whose dream is to own Amman’s Lavazza, which is now called Duinde Gallery, I decided to put up a picture I took of the coffee shop, which I visited for the first time a month or so ago when I was in Amman.

Actually it was Hal who suggested we go there for our first face-to-face meet-up. I’d been corresponding with Hal for a while but it was the first time that we actually crossed over the online barrier and got to meet in person.

With its vibrant colors, Duinde is very artistic yet it has an extremely homey feeling to it. It was also remarkably quiet, allowing for a wonderful conversation to unfold with Hal. I highly recommend this place for anyone visiting – or residing — in Amman. For those that might be wondering, Hal got the bill! Isn’t she sweet.

1. Roba June 3, 2006 at 8:28 pm

๐Ÿ˜€ Does this mean we’re collecting tips to buy Roba’s dream house?
    Note: Don’t over-recommend it, I’d like it to stay my little secret ๐Ÿ˜‰

2. Hal June 4, 2006 at 2:28 am

Hehehehe, fada7teeni, now everyone will expect me to pick up the bill, hehehe, how do I explain I did it with you coz you’re my hero??? OH WELL!

I CANT WAIT TILL D.C.!!!!

mmmwwwwaaaaaaa!

3. Jansait June 4, 2006 at 2:52 am

with Hal or without? ah this seems really nice and cool..
    thnx

4. Herlock June 4, 2006 at 5:14 am

My absolute favorite hangout when I visit Amman… I always insit on doing all my meetings there…

5. Linda June 4, 2006 at 5:30 am

Khalas Roba, after natasha posted this everyone and their mother will start going there!

hehehe, but seriously, i wonder how much the business and place would sell for. looks like a great business opp. to get starbucks out of business ๐Ÿ˜›

6. Kal June 5, 2006 at 3:10 am

Cool pic

7. Imad June 5, 2006 at 6:04 am

This place is soo nice. I love the cluttered walls and the chaotic color scheme (or lack of).
    One thing that’s cool about it (or uncool if you like crowds) is that it’s always empty! not for though I suspect.
    The exterior is great too… looks like a place in the west village – nyc.

8. mohammad alQaq June 5, 2006 at 9:57 pm

Duinde is one of my favorite places ever, it’s owned by the Jordanian artist Salaam Kana’an who made every single piece in it รขโ‚ฌยฆ and oho yea.. It’s killing me รขโ‚ฌยฆ I really want it to be mine ๐Ÿ™

9. Pierre-Marie June 6, 2006 at 8:36 am

Sbah al nour

I really enjoy your blog.Congratulations! So interesting news about Mashriq

Ma’a salama

10. natasha June 6, 2006 at 10:35 am

Thanks Pierre Marie. Hope to see more of you around here;-)

11. Maali Qasem July 8, 2006 at 5:33 am

I have recently moved to JOrdan and I just came across this site that mentions this place. But can anyone tell me where it is and how to get there please? I would really really like to go ๐Ÿ™‚