Opening Pandora’s box!

Thanks to my bother-in-law, David, I got acquainted with one of the coolest free on-line radio stations out there: Pandora. The amazing thing about this radio is that it selects music for you based upon your taste. For example, let’s say you like Massive Attack, so you add them to your list. Based on this specific choice, Pandora might select something for you along the same lines, like Thievery Cooperation.

I have been listening to Pandora for the past two days non-stop. It really is pretty cool. It introduced me to a number of new bands and artists that I’d not heard of that were similar to my choices. I’m enjoying it a great deal. I’m listening to Pandora as we speak, as it plays a song by an artist called Mary Black. I have never heard of her before but she is pretty darn good. So for all the music fans out there, make sure to pay Pandora.com a visit (no I don’t make any money from this). It really is worth your time. And yeah, it is free!

1. shy June 6, 2006 at 1:01 pm

Its actually pretty cool! Mary Black is a Irish singer šŸ™‚

2. lubna June 6, 2006 at 6:05 pm

yepp, pretty neat. Thanks for the link:)
    anyways, i wanted u to know that i’ve been checking your blog a while now, and i remember the first time i checked it, was like a year or two ago and i saw a pic of your mom, Mrs. Nahed, i guess that’s her name??:S,, sorry i was a little school girl back then i don’t remember her name well:),, wasn’t she a teacher at the baptist school?? weren’t you a student there too? violin player in the grad?? plz correct me if i’m wrong, cuz these questions have been on my mind for sooo long! and i have no clue why i never asked:S

3. jareer June 6, 2006 at 7:53 pm

The title of post is confusing; it gives the impression of ” boxit bandoorah !” These days its worth a fortune !

4. Uncle Allan June 6, 2006 at 7:55 pm

Enjoy your blog all the time, but really thank you for your note on Pandora.com. I’ve already built my station and am enjoying it right now…I doubt you and Jeff would recognize most of what I’m hearing…Butch Thompson Trio, Roger Whittaker, Lyle Lovett, Ella Fitzgerald, Burl Ives, etc., but your father-in-law and I can get into this stuff with no trouble! Thanks!!

5. Brian Ulrich June 7, 2006 at 2:18 am

They appear to be missing the entire Mary Poppins soundtrack. What kind of music station is that?

=)

6. natasha June 7, 2006 at 9:59 am

Lubna,
    Check your E-mail:-)

Uncle Al,
    I know Lyle Lovett and Ella Fitzgerald;-)

7. Allan Tynes June 7, 2006 at 11:20 pm

Well, there’s hope for the younger generation yet…now if I can just get you turned on to Clancy Hayes with Yank Lawson and the Yankee Clippers we’ll have something going indeed!

Uncle AL

8. duinde gallery January 11, 2007 at 6:44 pm

thanks to all ,, we like to see such wonderful people like you in our guist book inviroment space gallery šŸ™‚