The DC Metro female Arab blogger meet-up

Veiled in Georgetown Leilouta has already discussed the embarrassing incident of several days ago, exposing my footwear dilemma (and Hal’s shoe supply service), so I’m not going to dwell on it here, as I’ve yet to recover. Instead, I will focus this post on the wonderful time we had during our Metro area female Arab blogger meet-up here in the nation’s capital this past weekend.

Those who attended the meeting were Beisan, Hala, Leilouta and yours truly. We had a truly wonderful time, hitting it off as if we’d known each other for years. We talked mostly about blogs (of course), Arab politics (what else!) and life in the US. Joking about our different accents also dominated the discussions [can we really avoid that?].

Sometimes it really blows my mind when I think about the number of truly amazing people I’ve been fortunate enough to meet through this remarkable outlet called blogging. Life never ceases to amaze me.

1. Roba June 14, 2006 at 11:52 am

Said this over at Leiloutas, but I will say it again- IM SO JEALOUS!

2. Craig Turner June 14, 2006 at 1:35 pm

Also said this over at Leiloutas…Wow, brains and beauty x4, this is hard to beat. This group of women truly enrich this country, and I am proud to have them meet in my home city of Washington,D.C. Take care.

3. Hal June 14, 2006 at 5:24 pm

Natasha! It was so much FUN! And I miss you all already! Craig, we shoulda known you were in Washington, you woulda joined the group…NEXT TIME! Time for me to go post about this awesome experience…and I LOVED the club we went to! šŸ˜‰

4. Darren June 14, 2006 at 5:26 pm

That’s a great, cheeky photo.

5. Leilouta June 14, 2006 at 7:35 pm

Natasha,you look even prettier in real life šŸ™‚

6. basbooos June 14, 2006 at 7:38 pm

Girls it was really such a wonderful evening and weekend. I hope we get to meet more often.

7. Linda June 14, 2006 at 8:48 pm

I always get jealous when i read about these meet ups all over. when is anyone ever gonna come to LA? its fun here šŸ™

8. amal June 16, 2006 at 1:27 am

Natasha, can u please take a picture of the sandals you were wearing?? I’m really curious what was considered inappropriate!! BTW, you shouldn’t be embarrassed, just think of it as another interesting experience you can laugh about.