3rd anniversary snapshots

The Liberty Bell, hubby and I
In what is becoming a rapidly evolving tradition each anniversary, we left town last weekend to celebrate our third wedding anniversary. Our first anniversary was celebrated in Dubai, while the second was in New York. This year, our destination of choice was Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Philadelphia is pretty neat, feeling somehow like a young town with a number of quaint streets laden with European-style pubs and off-beat shops. It also has tremendous significance in American history, as the city is home to Independence Hall, where the American constitution was signed, the Liberty Bell, the first US Post Office, and the home of Betsy Ross, who is said to have sewn the first US flag, among other things.

Touring on a bus that converted into a boat was an exciting way to see the city and the Delaware River. While on the tour, our guide showed us Will Smith’s house, right on the river. According to our guide, the residents of Philly know Smith is in town when they see flags mounted outside the house. Smith’s dad, who lives in the house year-round, puts out the flags whenever his son comes home. I guess this makes life for Smith’s stalkers much easier. Anyway, I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Benjaminm Franklin Bridge

Will Smith's house

Constitution Hall

1. hareega October 22, 2006 at 5:49 pm

It’s awesome. I went there in 2003 and saw Nicolas Cage filming “National Treausre”

If you got time go the the Museum of Arts I think it’s on the 19th street , very very very beautiful

2. Roba October 22, 2006 at 7:27 pm

YAY! Mabrook Natasha and Jeff! You guys are really, really cute together šŸ™‚

3. jareer October 22, 2006 at 7:58 pm

Happy anniversary folks !

4. moey October 22, 2006 at 10:36 pm

sexy couple šŸ˜€

5. kinzi October 23, 2006 at 1:52 am

Happy 3rd Anniversary!

6. Highlander October 23, 2006 at 7:20 am

Happy annivesary šŸ™‚

7. Luai October 23, 2006 at 11:03 am

Happy Anniversary!

8. Hamako October 23, 2006 at 11:17 am

Mabrook.
    Philly is the best city on earth, no offense to Madaba. Did you have a Pat’s cheesesteak?

9. Dar October 23, 2006 at 1:28 pm

Happy Anniversary šŸ™‚ and way to go ………

CheeerZ!

10. Red Tulips October 23, 2006 at 10:01 pm

You are a great looking couple! But I have been to Philadelphia many times (not a surprise, given I live in NYC), and I am not that impressed. I say, if you are going to a mid-sized American city in the North, Boston is the way to go!

11. dm October 24, 2006 at 8:25 am

I may be a bit biased, but I have to go with Red Tulips on this one šŸ™‚

12. Jeff October 24, 2006 at 10:58 am

Actually, Boston is next on our list of travel destinations. We are eager for many reasons (folks used to live there for a bit, etc). We also just saw “The Departed” and though much of it had NYC standing in for Boston for various reasons (money), it still made us want to see Beantown all the more.

13. Red Tulips October 24, 2006 at 2:16 pm

Speaking of ‘The Departed’…you may be interested to know that they filmed in Brooklyn Heights, and I actually saw the film crews! A friend of mine saw Leonardo DiCaprio walking down the street. šŸ™‚

I believe this film was the first to have NYC stand in for another city. I guess the NYC film grants are working out!

Anyway, back to the original point. I obviously love NYC, but in terms of a second love (of Northern American cities), I would say it’s Boston. Beantown is a great place.

14. Firas October 24, 2006 at 3:28 pm

Happy anniversary , wish you all the best and a happy life together for ages and ages.

15. dm October 24, 2006 at 9:11 pm

Perhaps some of it was filmed in NYC but most of it was filmed on location in Boston. They filmed a few scenes right around the corner from where I work. I didn’t see anyone but my cousin saw Jack Nicholson and Leonardo DiCaprio. I actually caught a glimpse of the hospital where I work in the movie. My claim to fame I guess šŸ™‚

16. dm October 24, 2006 at 9:13 pm

Red Tulips, I have to say that next to Boston, NYC is my next favorite city. I’ve been there many times and I absolutely LOVE that city!

17. natasha October 25, 2006 at 12:57 pm

Thank you all for the nice wishes and the kind words:)

18. hatem abunimeh October 25, 2006 at 2:42 pm

Happy anniversary Jeff & Natasha, I hope to see you celebrating your 10th… 20th…&… 50th wedding anniversries.

19. Mike October 25, 2006 at 5:52 pm

Will Smith photos will be cool, but please include one of that bus/boat. That is one you don’t see every day.

20. Larry Tynes October 26, 2006 at 9:53 am

Mabrook is right! The anniversary photo is excellent, as are all your others. Nice to see you two in Philly. Dad & Mom T

21. Mike October 26, 2006 at 2:40 pm

Oh yeah!!! Happy 3rd anniversary. Sounds like a good trip — and the best part is there’s still plenty more you can take in relative short trips from DC. I was looking at my Williamsburg pics last night. Lots to do around there. I hope to make more around the East Coast when time and schedule allows.