Snapshot: Frogs at the Nataional Aquarium

Tree frog

This past Memorial Day Weekend, we took my long-time friends, who were here visiting from Amman, to Baltimore to marvel at the breathtaking sea creatures on display at the National Aquarium. While there, my super-talented husband took this phenomenal picture of this live frog chilling inside a tank at the aquarium.

In my humble, completely unbiased opinion, I think this is one of the best photos I have seen in a while. The picture is just too good to be true. The colors are so vibrant and alive and the frog just looks extremely engaged. Just look at its tiny hands! It is just perfect. Way to go hubby! Here are some more frog pictures taken by the talented Mr Tynes. [Clicking the picture links to a BIG version.]

Blue Dart frog Bullfrog Tree frog

1. Brian Ulrich May 30, 2007 at 3:27 pm

That’s a very statesman-like frog.

2. Lamoos May 31, 2007 at 2:44 pm

Bravo! This is National Geographic quality. Just bought a very sophisticated canon myslef (when in Dubai)that is apparently so cool it can capture an insect frown… thanks for the inspiration šŸ™‚

3. Elliot June 2, 2007 at 5:17 pm

Ahh, the 620 at work! Still researching camping spots for us. Cheers!

4. Hareega June 4, 2007 at 8:14 pm

nice pictures, but after I almost stepped on a snake yesterday I developed a phobia from all reptiles

5. Muna June 5, 2007 at 9:17 am

i dont think any of us can ever ever ever forget this part of the trip…..i must have itched all day long…what killed me was the bull frog!!! i have never seen anything soooo ugly in my whole life! but i must hand it to Jeff, Great pics!! wow…
    we miss ya guys a lot and love ya a lot….thank u for everything…u guys really went out of your way for us šŸ™‚
    xoxooxoxox

6. Hareega June 6, 2007 at 1:41 pm

“ypu’ll save more more by switching to Geico”

7. Ghalia June 12, 2007 at 5:34 am

Marvellous photos, simply amazing šŸ˜‰

8. Mike June 14, 2007 at 4:48 pm

Great shots!!! Outstanding photos. You should hire this photog permanently.

9. Lysol June 18, 2007 at 5:33 am

Dang! Those are some impressive photos.

In fact, some of the best animal photos I’ve seen in my life.

Tell your husband he is a gifted photographer.

10. adam July 16, 2008 at 8:26 am

All the pictures in it were amazing… i can’t believe that the frogs can look so good…it looks that they all were alive…and i have decided that i will go to national aquarium in coming weekend with my friends…
    ===========================================================================