Mohammad Asha is charged

This is a quick update to my previous post about Mohammad Asha. According to the Associated Press:

A Jordanian doctor has been charged in connection with foiled car bomb plots in London and Glasgow, police said Thursday. Dr. Mohammed Jamil Asha, 26, was charged with conspiracy to cause explosions, a spokeswoman for the Metropolitan Police said on condition of anonymity, in line with department policy.
Source: [AP]

1. Elliot July 19, 2007 at 2:29 pm

Wasn’t Zarqawi a doctor from Jordan too? What’s with the whole Jordan-doctor-suicide bomber thing?

2. Firas July 20, 2007 at 9:24 am

Elliot

Zarqawi didn’t finish school!
    He was never a doctor.
    You are mistaken him for the Egyptian dude, Al Zawahiri.

Anyways, it’s not about Jordanian doctors or something,you are dealing with an ideology. The same ideology that makes a young man or a young women want to fight the “infidels” for their injustice against Muslim countries, as they believe.

Keep in mind he became an “extremist-terrorist” in the UK, not in Jordan. If he has stayed in Jordan there is no way a bright student and a doctor would have turned into this. And even if he ever thought to, the security forces will be after his …

Just look for the million hate preachers London is hosting.

3. Elliot July 20, 2007 at 4:15 pm

Interesting defense. I do think I have my Zawahiri’s and Zarqawi’s mixed up. All the same, a terrorist is a terrorist, no matter where they come from. So are you suggesting that bright intellectuals, if they stay put in their home country, will not turn into suicide bombers? It’s an interesting perspective; Bin Laden didn’t start freaking out until he left Saudi Arabia. Our’s leave and go to war, then come back and use their training to blow up Federal Buildings.

4. alurdunialhurr July 22, 2007 at 12:37 am

“As a Jordanian, all I can say is that I’m really disappointed to see a fellow citizen involved in such a heinous act. What a waste of life for this young doctor.”
    It looks like you convicted the guy already with even looking at the evidence,if he is charged ,that does not mean that he is convicted.

5. ananyah July 23, 2007 at 9:34 pm

it’s pretty scary, I’m doing my Masters in Glasgow and was like 10 mins away from the airport when it happened.

it’s a sad situation as well, he’s ruined his career, and even if he is not convicted of the crime, his life will never be the same again

6. arabian November 4, 2007 at 11:03 pm

and ur that stupid to believe that dumb made up story!!! go n get a life get facts please stupid gal!!!

7. effendi November 7, 2007 at 12:01 am

arabian,

What part of this story is “made up?”