Grabbing our piece of the American dream

Our house, in the middle of our street

One of the reasons I’ve been quiet during the past few months is because the husband and I have been working hard to achieve this. Yes. We made it, finally. We are proud homeowners.

We are elated that after four years of marriage, we now own a house that we plan to keep for a while. While Jeff is already planning the design of his "TV room," where he can put all his toys to good use, I’m busy mapping out the dining room in anticipation of the many, many parties we plan to host.

If anyone has plans to visit the DC metro area anytime soon, remember that our house is always open. And yes, we finally have a guest room.

1. effendi December 18, 2007 at 1:45 pm

Too Cool. Congratulations. Home ownership comes with some real “joys.”

2. kinzi December 18, 2007 at 2:18 pm

Alaaaaaf Mabruuk!! Good for you guys!!! Even a lawn, bit of land, colorful trees…and it isn’t a townhouse. I’ll show little Kinz her little buddy’s auntie’s new house! The middle one šŸ™‚

3. Linda December 18, 2007 at 4:58 pm

Mabrook! This must be an amazing feeling…and yes, you better get that dining room read ready and make sure the table fits a big cider mensaf! hehehehe…Congrats!

4. Luai December 18, 2007 at 9:58 pm

N & J, Congrats! Are we invited to the house warming party? šŸ˜‰

And this means another deduction on your taxes (a true American Nighmare) that will help Jeff fill his room and you the kitchen! But first you must buy the lawnmower, leaf blower and snow blower…the real “joys” of being a homeowner. šŸ˜‰

5. Ahmed December 21, 2007 at 10:54 am

Congrats Natasha šŸ™‚

6. jareer December 21, 2007 at 9:52 pm

Congratulations ! It is a different feeling now !

7. MomOnTheGo December 23, 2007 at 7:09 am

How exciting for you both! Thanks for sharing the joy, it brings back some good memories.

8. Hareega December 23, 2007 at 11:28 am

Congratulations!!

9. Dalia December 24, 2007 at 1:17 am

Alf Mabrook ya batta!
    We’re planning two trips to North America (Toronto) this year – we just might take you up on that offer!!

First trip will be in Feb – to do our immigration papers

Second trip will be in the summer – to have baby Ajrami number 2!

10. Jack December 28, 2007 at 5:42 pm

Congratulations on becoming homeowners. Thats where you see equity grow and tax (income)shrink… Enjoy!!

11. Nono December 31, 2007 at 1:19 am

Mabrook, it is time to have a baby :))

12. Qwaider ƙā€šĆ™Ė†Ć™Å Ć˜ĀÆƘĀ± January 4, 2008 at 11:13 am

Yaaay …. Alf alf mabrook
    I bought my house almost 6 years ago, and let me tell you. It’s the best investment I have ever made.
    I didn’t do it for the “Dream” part, more for “Tax cut” part. Since I’m single and really don’t have much to stand against the evil tax man.

And I love it, It’s been awesome really.

Yalla, alf mabrook, and welcome to home ownership. Your next step should be, A house in Amman (Which is the second best investment I’ve ever made)

13. MMM January 4, 2008 at 9:11 pm

Congratulations Natasha & Jeff šŸ™‚ Alf Mabrouk šŸ™‚

14. Abeer January 11, 2008 at 10:31 pm

Wow ,Mabrouk natasha and jeff,you deserve the best …God bless you both and enjoy it ….now you ready to welcome 3amatak ya jeff in her new room ,how exiting it will be for nuhad and Jaleel …by the way the house looks wonderful.
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!